5 Tips For A Successful Spiritual Fast
1. Set a goal and stick to it. Decide how long you’d like to fast and what you’d like to accomplish during the fast. This could include anything from focusing on prayer and worship to giving up a certain activity or food. I'm a firm believer in Habukkak 2:2-3 - the MSG translation is my favorite. It says "Write the vision; make it plain on tablets, so he may run who reads it. For still the vision awaits its appointed time; it hastens to the end - it will not lie. If it seems slow, wait for it; it will surely come; it will not delay.
2. Prepare your body and mind. Before you begin your fast, get your body and mind ready. Do some light exercise to get your body used to working out. Don't dive into the deep end too quickly. You'll get frustrated and eventually give up. Start reading an inspirational book or download a new podcast.
3. Find support. It’s important to have someone to lean on during your fast. Find a friend or mentor who will be encouraging and supportive throughout the process.
4. Take care of yourself. It’s important to take care of your body during a spiritual fast. Make sure you’re getting enough rest, drinking plenty of water, and eating healthy foods when you’re not fasting. Check out my tips on the Modern Day Daniel's Fast here.
5. Reflect and journal. Reflecting on your experience and writing down your thoughts can be a great way to stay connected to your fast. Make sure to take time to reflect and journal each day.
Until next time...